Judy Vorfeld’s Business & Community Service Profile
Helping you look your best for your clients
Judy brings all this experience-and more-to all of her efforts on your behalf:
Founded Office Support Services in 1992. Serving the small business and academic communities with presentation, editing, marketing, Web development, & consulting. Editing for writers for whom English is a Second Language.
Prior to starting Office Support Services, thirteen years with Goodyear Aerospace Corporation/Loral Defense Systems (now Lockheed Martin) in Goodyear, Arizona; one year with Calvary Community Church Phoenix, Arizona; Three years with First Interstate Bank, Sun City, Arizona. And, as a temp, over a year with Taisei-Bechtel Joint Venture at the Toyota Proving Grounds.
If you’re looking for someone to help support your writing or business needs … someone who’s active in the small business world and understands the need for excellence in presentation of all kinds, contact Judy Vorfeld. Today. She’s the small business editor, writer, and webmaster of choice.
Judy Vorfeld of Peoria, Arizona started Office Support Services in 1992 and mounted her first website in 1996. Today, through her website, Editing and Writing Services, she offers copyediting, copywriting, site analysis and renovation, as well as site maintenance.
Featured in a number of print and online publications as a business owner, writer, and photographer, Vorfeld writes and publishes Vorfeld also publishes a periodic monthly ezine, eCommunication Food for Thought for writers, educators, researchers, and people interested in improving small business communication.
“Everything I’ve accomplished,” she says, “has been done through study, hard work, networking, and prayer. Each day offers me the opportunity of learning something new, expanding my creativity, and adjusting my attitude.”
A native of Bellingham, Washington, Judy volunteers time to local and online community organizations. She also enjoys reading suspense and historical fiction. “And talk about blessings,” she says. “I’m surrounded by world-class family, friends, and clients. To say nothing of cats, grandcats, and granddogs. Plus the best neighbors.”
Judy’s Media Profile
Judy Vorfeld, of Peoria, Arizona, is an Internet old-timer who posted her first website in 1996. Her business, Office Support Services, began as a secretarial, DTP, and copyediting service. Today, through her Editing and Writing Services website, she offers copyediting and copywriting, proofing, website analysis and renovation, and social networking support. The site also includes powerful resources for writers and office administrators.
Vorfeld created Webgrammar to provide hundreds of free resources for students, educators, writers, editors, researchers, and Web developers.
Vorfeld also publishes a monthly ezine, eCommunication Food for Thought.
Judy’s Media Profile: Brief
Judy Vorfeld offers document and online copyediting, copywriting, proofing, website analysis, makeovers, coordination, and development. She’s also a columnist in the areas of business grammar and Web content. Her primary websites are Editing and Writing plus Writers Blog, Office Support Services, and Webgrammar.
Judy’s Reference Material
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition
- The Associated Press Stylebook
- American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms
- Cambridge International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
- The Chambers Dictionary, Ninth Edition
- The Copyeditor’s Handbook: Amy Einsohn
- The Chicago Manual of Style
- The Elements of Grammar: Margaret Shertzer
- The Elements of Style, Third Edition: William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White
- The Gregg Reference Manual: William A. Sabin
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition
- Oxford Concise English Dictionary (1999)
- Prentice Hall Reference Guide to Grammar and Usage: Muriel Harris
- Visual Thesaurus (CD)
- The Web Content Style Guide: McGovern, Norton, and O’Dowd
- Webster’s New World College Dictionary: Macmillan
- Words into Type, Third Edition: Prentice-Hall
- The Yahoo! Style guide
- Roget’s Thesaurus
Judy’s Professional Memberships
Judy’s Community Service Involvement
- Arizona Center for Disability Law: Past Board Member (5 years)(Phoenix, AZ)
- 4 Paws for Ability; Past Webmaster (5 years) (Xenia, Ohio)
- Arizona Business and Professional Women Foundation Webmaster (Phoenix, AZ)
- Volunteer: Yellow Boat of Hope Foundation (Zamboanga City, Philippines)
- Volunteer: Project PEARLS (San Jose CA & Manila, Philippines)
- Valley View Health Center (Lewis County, Washington) Former Webmaster (5 years)